Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
From 100 days of real food. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2015/02/19/recipe-slow-cooker-moroccan-chicken/
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (We prefer fresh.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- Put the diced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the chicken on top.
- Mix together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the garlic and ginger on top and pour in the chickpeas all around the chicken.
- Add the broth to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in the dried apricots until heated all the way through. Serve over whole-wheat couscous with veggies on the side.
The cook time is pretty short, it may be worthwhile to set up a delayed start (no more than an hour for thawed chicken) to get the best results.